GYM WILL BE FOR OPEN PLAY THE FOLLOWING TIMES UNTIL LEAGUES ARE FORMED:
Mondays - TBA
Tuesdays - 12:30pm-2:00pm
Wednesdays - TBA
Thursdays - 12:30pm-2:00pm
Friday-Sunday - TBA (determined by interest)
INTRAMURAL SPORTS OFFERED 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR
-BASKETBALL 5 ON 5 LEAGUE
-BADMINTON (FALL ONLY)
-FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE
-INDOOR SOCCER LEAGUE (SPRING ONLY)
-OPEN GYM BASKETBALL
**ALL PARTICIPANTS WALK AWAY WITH A FREE T-SHIRT-
I want to get the word out to people about
Intramurals. Not just the players who are there
semester-in and semester-out, but to the people who don`t think
Intramurals is for them, but they're willing to
give it a shot.
~ Jon Phillips
GCC offers a variety of intramural activities. The intramural program is designed to provide an active forum for all students, faculty and staff members. It is a great opportunity to stay active and meet new people!
Upcoming and current events are posted throughout campus on a regular basis. Suggestions for new and creative programs are actively sought and appreciated.
GCC offers a total of 12 intramural sports throughout the year. Sports are divided into two sections; fall and Spring Semester. For each semester, sports are divided into two modules.
To provide students the opportunity to participate in a variety of recreational sports and activities. The activities enable participants to make new friends, stay physically fit, enjoy competition and improve personal health. It is our hope participation in intramural sports will allow individuals experience with teamwork, leadership skills, and personal achievement to help create a positive enjoyable experience at GCC.
The Gymnasium is open to all students, staff and faculty during the following hours. Equipment such as basketballs, volleyballs, badminton racquets, soccer balls, etc. is provided. Activities will be run by student demand- example: we will NOT pull out badminton racquets and nets if only two people are interested.”
Policies and Procedures
- Rules will be explained at the start of each intramural activity.
- Open sign up will be available. Teams will be created at the start of a game.
- Students are expected to act as adults
- Intramural Leagues generally run for about 4 weeks of round-robin play, followed by a single elimination tournament. Any team that does not forfeit out of the league makes it to play-offs. Teams have 1-2 games a week, based on the team availability.
- Open gym policies will be displayed during open hours
- Students must show their GCC ID and sign in
Intramural Sports Director