Open Turf Field Hours:
April 21st - April 30th:
Indoor soccer will begin on Feb. 24
GCC Indoor Soccer League Rules:
1. Games will consist of (2) 20 Minute halves (running time) & a (2) minute Halftime
2. If the score is tie at the end of regulation the game will end in a tie.
3. This is a co-ed league and at least (1) female player must be on the field at all times.
4. Rosters will be limited to (12) players. No more than 3 collegiate players per roster.
(male or female)
Changes in the roster can be made throughout the season, but must be officially done (1) day prior to a contest.
5. Games will be played utilizing (5) field players & (1) goal keeper per team.
6. Substitutions can be made at any time, however the substitute may not enter the playing field until the substituted player has entered the designated area.
7. Though this is a competitive league, fun is the goal of the league, and any unsportsmanlike behavior will result in: (1) ejection from the game (2) suspension an additional game (3) the second ejection will result in dismissal from the league.
8. Teams must be dressed and ready to compete (5) minutes prior to game time. The 1st game will begin exactly at the scheduled time. All additional games will begin (5) minutes after the conclusion of the previous game. Any team not ready to compete at that time, the game will result in a forfeit. Any team which has accumulated 2nd forfeits will be dismissed from the league.
9. All team members are required to be wearing the same color shirts; if both teams have the same color shirts, pinnies will be provided.
10. No arguing or profanity will be tolerated, if this occurs, the player will be ejected.
11. Schedule and standings will be posted on the bulletin boards located across from the Physical Education Offices, and next to the Athletic Training room.
12. Game schedules will also be e mailed to the team captain or representative from each team.
GYM WILL BE FOR OPEN PLAY THE FOLLOWING TIMES UNTIL LEAGUES ARE FORMED:
Mondays - TBA
Tuesdays - Soccer 12:30-2
Wednesdays - TBA
Thursdays - Soccer 12:30-2
Friday-Sunday - TBA (determined by interest)
INTRAMURAL SPORTS OFFERED 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR
-BASKETBALL 5 ON 5 LEAGUE
-BADMINTON (FALL ONLY)
-FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE
-INDOOR SOCCER LEAGUE (SPRING ONLY)
-OPEN GYM BASKETBALL
**ALL PARTICIPANTS WALK AWAY WITH A FREE T-SHIRT-
I want to get the word out to people about Intramurals. Not just the players who are there semester-in and semester-out, but to the people who don`t think Intramurals is for them, but they're willing to give it a shot.
~ Jon Phillips
GCC offers a variety of intramural activities. The intramural program is designed to provide an active forum for all students, faculty and staff members. It is a great opportunity to stay active and meet new people!
Upcoming and current events are posted throughout campus on a regular basis. Suggestions for new and creative programs are actively sought and appreciated.
GCC offers a total of 12 intramural sports throughout the year. Sports are divided into two sections; fall and Spring Semester. For each semester, sports are divided into two modules.
To provide students the opportunity to participate in a variety of recreational sports and activities. The activities enable participants to make new friends, stay physically fit, enjoy competition and improve personal health. It is our hope participation in intramural sports will allow individuals experience with teamwork, leadership skills, and personal achievement to help create a positive enjoyable experience at GCC.
The Gymnasium is open to all students, staff and faculty during the following hours. Equipment such as basketballs, volleyballs, badminton racquets, soccer balls, etc. is provided. Activities will be run by student demand- example: we will NOT pull out badminton racquets and nets if only two people are interested.”
Policies and Procedures
- Rules will be explained at the start of each intramural activity.
- Open sign up will be available. Teams will be created at the start of a game.
- Students are expected to act as adults
- Intramural Leagues generally run for about 4 weeks of round-robin play, followed by a single elimination tournament. Any team that does not forfeit out of the league makes it to play-offs. Teams have 1-2 games a week, based on the team availability.
- Open gym policies will be displayed during open hours
- Students must show their GCC ID and sign in
Intramural Sports Director